Friday, November 20, 2009

Top 2 For the Weekend - St. Johns Town Center Holiday Festival and India Fest going on this weekend

Deciding what you want to do this weekend should hopefully be the toughest choice you make. There are various events going on throughout Jacksonville so after some thumbing around I think I have chosen my Top 2 for the weekend of Nov 20th.

I love Christmas .. the happy people, the music, the food, the presents, the consumer behavior, the joy and sharing. So of course how could I even think of missing the St John's Town Center Holiday Festival with Lighting of the Great Tree Event going on all day on Nov 21,2009. From what I have heard and read it should be a great time for adults, kids and adults like me who are kids at heart. The are boasting a family kids zone, Beer Gardens and “American Idol” Winner
Taylor Hicks!! Here is the Full Schedule and List of Special offers that I printed out for coupons including my favorite free chicken lettuce wraps by PF Changs! YUM!

Food is a big decision maker when it comes to picking what I do on my weekends. I tend to consider what I feel like eating, what we haven't eaten in a while and of course the new food trend I am following that month. So since I have been on a recent kick to try out Exotic Asian Foods (stemming from my current obsession with the Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern TV Show on the travel channel) I thought I would give my taste buds an adventure by going to India Fest this weekend. India Fest is being held on Nov 21,2009 from 1:00PM to 9:00PM at the Metropolitan Park. The Festival has been advertising authentic Indian delicacies from all over India as well live entertainment including traditional folk dances. From my research on the Indian culture I have found that various regions in India add completely different spices and ingredients to their meals so I am hoping our pallets get to travel all over India at this festival.

If you decide to go to one of my Top 2's or pick something else.. have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment